Representing Workers Injured On The Job
- Any and all necessary medical treatment, including prescriptions
- Weekly compensation to replace lost wages
- Payment for their permanent injuries or disabilities
- Payment for any significant loss of earnings or decrease in pay
- Payment for mileage to and from the doctors
- Payment for care provided by family members
- Payment for retraining costs if you are not able to return to your job
These benefits and others are available through your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance policy. Although it is your right to file a claim, the process can be cumbersome, frustrating and time-consuming, with many initial claims taking many months for approval or being denied altogether because of minor details.
If you have suffered a workplace injury, it can be critical to your recovery that you secure the representation of an experienced and skilled workers’ compensation lawyer as soon as possible.
Let Us Answer Your Work Injury Questions
After an on-the-job injury, you are going to have questions and concerns. Our highly skilled workers’ compensation attorney at Ganly & Ramer, P.L.L.C., can provide you with the answers you need as you face the uncertainty that is a part of being injured on the job, and he can fight to ensure that you receive all your rights under the Workers’ Compensation Act. We understand that you will be in need of answers to questions like:
- What qualifies as a workers’ compensation claim?
- Will the medical treatment I need be covered?
- Can I select my own doctor?
- Can I lose my job if I file a claim?
- What are the options for benefits?
- What is the timeline for applying for and receiving benefits?
- Can I sue a third party responsible for causing the accident?
- What happens if I lost a loved one in a work-related accident?
- When will I be able to return to work — and what if I am unable to?
- Can I appeal a denied claim?
Did You Know?
Under North Carolina workers’ compensation law, a workplace injury does not necessarily have to result from a sudden accident. Daily job tasks that require repeated motions can result in repetitive stress injuries that may also qualify for benefits. If you are suffering pain that prevents you from working, report it to your supervisor, then call Ganly & Ramer, P.L.L.C., about getting the help you need for your workers’ compensation claim.
Offering Experience And Skill
Our lead attorney at Ganly & Ramer, P.L.L.C., Thomas Ramer, is proud to be AV Preeminent* peer-review rated for ethical standards and legal ability. He has more than 35 years of experience helping injured workers secure the maximum compensation for their injuries.
Our firm offers a recognized level of knowledge and skill to workers who have been injured anywhere in North Carolina, including on the work sites of major local employers such as:
- Mission Hospital
- Asheville City Schools
- Buncombe County Schools
- North Carolina Department of Corrections
- Arvin Meritor
- Continental Teves
- Pardee Hospital
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
Ganly & Ramer, P.L.L.C. in Asheville is an ally for injured workers in communities throughout North Carolina. Call us at 828-348-6957 or use our convenient email contact form to arrange a free consultation. We work on a contingency fee basis. You will not pay attorneys’ fees or case preparation costs if we cannot help you obtain workers’ compensation benefits.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.